This position is responsible for new Antenna design development, integration, and product launch while leading a team of 15-20 top Antenna Engineers, developing new and improved Antenna designs and utilizing advanced Antenna design technologies and tools.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage daily activities of Engineering team.
- Represent Airgain’s interest in the Asia region.
- Lead the design of new antennas to be integrated into complex projects.
- Address integration issues before they become problems, coordinating such efforts with Field Application Engineers, Engineering staff, and Customers.
- Partner with Airgain Sales and Product Management teams to ensure Customer satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain a channel between customer designs and Airgain solutions, at various levels of engagement.
- Partner with the Director of Technology to develop new technology designs and build a portfolio of previous designs to be used for complex integration.
- Reduce time-to-Market by developing and implementing solutions that enable Airgain to lead its competitors.
- Communicate frequently via phone, email, and in-person with U.S. and U.K.-based staff.
- Collaborate with the Area Business Team.
- *Other duties as required
- Education level: PhD degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electromagnetics highly preferred. MS degree may be combined with relevant experience.
- Experience level: 10-15 years of experience in antenna design and active component design, with at least 5 years of leadership experience.
- Experience with modules, MM wave design, antenna design in embedded systems.
- Experience working in antenna front-end.
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English proficiently.
- Experience in new system designing and addressing complex integration issues.
- Must be able to travel both domestically within China and internationally, as needed. Must have the ability to obtain and hold a valid passport.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- Must be able to work in a seated or standing position, for periods up to 8.0 hours per day and potentially exceeding 8.0 hours per day where required.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit while traveling domestically and international via automobile, bus, train, airplane, or boat.
- Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard.
- Extended viewing of a computer screen.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, twisting, and standing.
- Lift 20 pounds with or without assistance.
- Must be able to work a normal M-F schedule on site.
- This position is based in our office Suzhou, China. This position may be based in Shenzhen if the candidate is willing to travel to Suzhou on a regular basis.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Director of Engineering – China.”