The Director of Strategic Planning is responsible for the creation and implementation of strategic growth opportunities and technical marketing initiatives. This position is also responsible for managing resources, processes, and systems to support profitable business growth and improve our competitive position.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads new market expansion projects, both domestically and globally, that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy.
- Analyzes market, industry, and technological trends and incorporates them into a comprehensive growth strategy.
- Conducts segment analysis and formulates strategic plans to be implemented that capitalize on those analyses.
- Performs TAM/SAM/SOM analyses to assess potential future market opportunities.
- Researches and performs due diligence on M&A targets and prepares recommendations for the CEO & Board of Directors.
- Manages complex contract negotiations involving Legal and Business Development team members with industry partners, suppliers, M&A targets, and others.
- Analyzes the performance of products, projects, and activities and makes recommendations for improvements and/or adjustments.
- Conducts research into current practices to determine areas of inefficiency, waste, and other negative aspects that hinder the company’s ability to deliver results to customers.
- Represents the company at official functions and business meetings.
- Develops new business opportunities by leveraging contacts, pursuing new product development, and improving project efficiency.
- *Other duties as required
- Education level: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Management from a highly ranked university required. MBA from a top-10 program highly preferred.
- Experience level: 5-10 years of experience in a position requiring strategic planning, business management, corporate leadership, and financial decision-making. Consulting experience a plus.
- Must possess exceptional creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of management strategies, financial accounting, product marketing, customer relations, and implementation of new technologies.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to multitask with research projects, data analysis, and coordination with the executive team.
- Must have strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in analytical research, leadership, and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, management, and collaboration.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Must be able to travel, both domestically and internationally, as needed. Must have the ability to obtain and hold a valid passport.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- Must be able to work in a seated or standing position, for periods up to 8.0 hours per day and potentially exceeding 8.0 hours per day where required.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit while traveling domestically and international via automobile, bus, train, airplane, or boat.
- Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard.
- Extended viewing of a computer screen.
- Must be able to concentrate intensely on the small details of projects.
- Must be able to work a normal M-F schedule on site.
- This position may be based either in San Diego, CA or Scottsdale, AZ.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation: $150k to $200k, depending on experience.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, HSA, PTO, Paid Holidays.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Strategic Planning”