This position will be responsible for the supervision of the manufacturing floor including but not limited to cycle time, quality manufacturing, headcount allocation, all direct labor, training and organization. This position will also be responsible for all maintenance management and implementation of maintenance practices and procedures. This position will be assigned to evening shift (2:30p.m – 11:00 p.m). This is shift start up and requires experience and organization with a quick and expeditious shift ramp and start up.
- Manage all manufacturing activities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- Assess key performance indicators, and take appropriate actions to ensure schedule, cost and quality goals are met.
- Ensure required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to meet customer, manufacturing system and financial reporting requirements are met.
- Provide leadership and commitment in supporting continuous improvements in quality, productivity and delivery performance through the deployment of continuous improvement framework. Supports product design through new product introduction.
- Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety issues are addressed in compliance with local regulations, policies and good corporate responsibility.
- Evaluate team operational performance to facilitate performance management, merit, promotions, job transfers, etc.
- Develop resource plans and monitors performance to achieve product delivery and cost requirements.
- Coordinate and assist with plant initiatives, participating on teams to drive best practices across the organization.
- Manage and coach the manufacturing team. Coordinate with Human Resources to address labor relations issues as they arise.
- Achieve labor productivity, reduction of overtime and lead cost reduction efforts to drive factory cost-out.
- Manage site capital planning and execution processes.
- Design and develop equipment calibration, testing and preventative maintenance schedules to ensure proper toolset function.
- Manage all aspects of the equipment processing and increase available time for automated process.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot/repair any and all toolsets within the factory in order to maintain company quality, cost and productivity successes
- Knowledge of cycletime, direct people productivity and concepts associated with WIP inventory control.
- Working knowledge and experience with Kaizen improvement, TQM improvement and Root Cause problem solving.
- Creating reports summarizing equipment availability, variability, and cost reduction projects, Supporting and maintaining TPM, TQM, ISO9001, IATF16949, ISO14001 and 5S activities.
- Communicating current/upcoming tools issues and mitigation plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of (10) ten years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of (5) five years of experience managing in a manufacturing/equipment environment.
- Requires strong understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong leadership, coaching and influence management skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process as well as familiarity with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts (production planning, cycle time, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, shipping/receiving).
- Project Management and facilitation skills.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be considered for this position.