This position, reporting directly to the Controller, will perform general Accounting functions such as accounts receivable, accounts payable. And other general ledger tasks in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Essential Job Functions
- Completes monthly account reconciliations and adjusts accounting entries in a timely manner.
- Manages accounts payable to include accurate input and validation of A/P data and check runs, and timely payments to vendors.
- Manages accounts receivables to include invoicing customers based on revenue standards, processing customer payments, and monitoring outstanding balances by routine review of aging reports to ensure timely customer payments.
- Prepares year end audit schedules in conjunction with the annual external audit.
- Assists in the development and documentation of key processes and controls.
- *Other duties as required
- Education level: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred; Associate degree in Accounting required. CPA preferred.
- Experience level: Five or more years of experience in Accounting with a publicly-traded company. Experience at a Big 4 firm preferred. Experience performing Accounting duties in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic understanding of internal controls.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Proficient in Quickbooks and/or NetSuite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to read, understand, and implement detailed written instructions.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- Must be able to work in a seated or standing position, for periods up to and exceeding 8.0 hours per day.
- Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard, and calculator.
- Extended viewing of a computer screen.
- Extensive use of a telephone.
- Must be able to work a normal M-F schedule on site.
- This position will be based either in Scottsdale, AZ with the potential for occasional work from home.