The Test Facility Manager will be responsible for the coordination and reporting of all activities that occur at the designated Over-the-Air (OTA) test facility. The primary daily activities will be scheduling and executing performance tests on customer devices and Airgain antenna systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Managing the day-to-day operations of an OTA test facility
- Training and scheduling of Technicians, Interns, and Jr Engineers
- Preparing devices for performance testing with both internal and external customers
- Demonstrating expertise with 802.11n/ac/ax carrier-grade WiFi access points and stations
- Configuring the embedded systems of early development hardware
- Performing automation tests and analyzing results for customers
- Developing and operating homegrown and commercial test tools
- Developing innovative test techniques and systems
- Internal project management
- Writing reports in tabular and graphical formats
- Troubleshooting problems in embedded operating systems and IP networks
- Hosting visitors in support of service contracts and live debugging
- Actively working in support of Sales
- Possible additional duties include:Antenna integrations
Defining process and procedure
Board level or mechanical design of test hardware
Delivery of technical reports and demonstrations, both remotely and in person
- Integrity: Establish and maintain honest, effective relationships with employees at all levels in the organization and gain their trust and respect. Accessible, a good listener and put others at ease at all times. Develop a reputation for being dependable, sincere, and trustworthy. Adapt to change and shift gears comfortably.
- Innovation: Develop new ideas and suggest new visions for the company. Take a creative approach to implemented business policies. Have self-knowledge and confidence to communicate, listen and persuade colleagues to improve the company on all levels.
- Initiative: Work independently, work under pressure and meet deadlines. Prepare clear and concise reports without the need for constant management. Combine analysis, experience and judgment to make good decision in a timely manner. Tenacity to make important decisions with limited information and tight deadlines while learning to be flexible in other situations.
- Intelligence: Utilize relevant experience and resources to be very productive and efficient in planning and executing work. Orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Seek input and advice from colleagues in order to receive more successful results pertaining to reports and projects. Focus on the achievement of goals that produce results.
- Interaction: Build morale and motivate the team with energy, encouragement and enthusiasm. Recognize solutions for difficult or conflict situations—seeking feedback on how to resolve issues. Distinguish the need to change the personal and interpersonal behavior of colleagues in an efficient matter. Eagerness to be part of a team-unit and cooperate in the accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives.
- Education level: AA degree or equivalent number of college credits in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field required; BS degree preferred.
- Experience level: Prior antenna/electrical testing experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of antennas, antenna test equipment, and chamber testing practices preferred.
- Ability to perform S-parameter measurements and antenna pattern measurements using either far or near field techniques.
- Ability to utilize software programs designed to create testing reports.
- Ability to work both effectively both independently as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
- 5+ years of experience in a test engineering environment
- WiFi and TCP/IP networking experience required
- Demonstrable knowledge of RF fundamentals, embedded systems, and automation tools
- Scripting language such as Python preferred
- Plus for experience with protocol analysis, performance test tools (such as iPerf or IxChariot), antenna systems, LTE, CBRS, and IoT technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred
- CCNA, CWNA, CWSP, Network+ or similar certifications a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Equipment: Commercial WiFi and IoT devices
- Software: Windows and Linux operating systems including embedded, Excel, PowerPoint, test tools such as iPerf and IxChariot, automation code (Python preferred)
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
On a continuous basis, sit at desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong oral written/communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with supervisor in order to prioritize workload and determine priorities. Subjected to changes in schedule.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line “Test Facility Manager”