The Antenna Test Engineer configures antenna hardware (often in the early stages of development), executes over-the-air tests, and reports results in support of our antenna integration process.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform passive and active antenna testing.
- Set up network equipment (resolving LAN/WLAN issues).
- Operate test tools (Airgain-specific as well as commercial products such as IxChariot).
- Write reports in tabular and graphical formats.
- Enhance Airgain automation tools.
- Define test processes and procedures.
- *Other duties as assigned.
- Education level: AA degree or equivalent number of college credits in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field required; BS degree preferred.
- Experience level: Prior antenna/electrical testing experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of antennas, antenna test equipment, and chamber testing practices preferred.
- Ability to perform S-parameter measurements and antenna pattern measurements using either far or near field techniques.
- Ability to utilize software programs designed to create testing reports.
- Ability to work both effectively both independently as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- Must be able to work in a seated or standing position, for periods up to 8.0 hours per day and potentially exceeding 8.0 hours per day where required.
- Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard.
- Extended viewing of a computer screen.
- Use of soldering iron, cutting tools, such as exacta knife and Dremel tool, screwdrivers, and basic hand tools.
- Must be able to lift and position antenna systems, weighing up to 20 pounds.