This position will report to the VP of Product Management, supporting various aspects of Product Management including internal sales and systems support, pricing, quoting and margin optimization functions for Airgains antenna and related test services business.
Essential Job Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Determine pricing for embedded programs and external products, while managing margins to corporate objectives.
- Accurately enter new items, with prices and costs information in company database systems to enable accurate quotations, ensuring they meet company standards.
- Provide sales with transactional NetSuite support, including quote and project Opportunity creation and approvals management.
- Issue RFQ’s and liaise with contract manufacturers and suppliers.
- Perform competitive price benchmarking and analysis.
- Manage the registration and commercial review/approval of new development projects, in conjunction with sales, development, and management.
- Support Finance and Order entry teams with quote-PO match tracing to ensure timely booking of all new PO’s.
- Liaises with Airgain suppliers to obtain costing for new programs, and to manage cost downs for existing programs.
- Support Airgain’s Accounting team, providing commercial and project information on request.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the wireless/telecom industry.
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Excel in particular).
- Commercial competence, including price/margin analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work comfortably in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to work outside of typical business hours, as necessary to interact and support Airgain personnel in foreign locations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Agile, self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively. Results driven and process oriented.
- NetSuite experience, a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Business; Master’s Degree preferred
- Integrity: Establish and maintain honest, effective relationships with employees at all levels in the organization and gain their trust and respect. Accessible, a good listener and put others at ease at all times. Develop a reputation for being dependable, sincere, and trustworthy. Adapt to change and shift gears comfortably.
- Innovation: Develop new ideas and suggest new visions for the company. Take a creative approach to implemented business policies. Have self-knowledge and confidence to communicate, listen and persuade colleagues to improve the company on all levels.
- Initiative: Work independently, work under pressure and meet deadlines. Prepare clear and concise reports without the need for constant management. Combine analysis, experience and judgment to make good decision in a timely manner. Tenacity to make important decisions with limited information and tight deadlines while learning to be flexible in other situations.
- Intelligence: Utilize relevant experience and resources to be very productive and efficient in planning and executing work. Orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Seek input and advice from colleagues in order to receive more successful results pertaining to reports and projects. Focus on the achievement of goals that produce results.
- Interaction: Build morale and motivate the team with energy, encouragement and enthusiasm. Recognize solutions for difficult or conflict situations—seeking feedback on how to resolve issues. Distinguish the need to change the personal and interpersonal behavior of colleagues in an efficient matter. Eagerness to be part of a team-unit and cooperate in the accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives.
Equipment: PC, scanners, modem, facsimile machine, computerized voice mail and e-mail systems, and common office machines.
Software Knowledge: Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), NetSuite
Physical Activities: On a continuous basis, sit at desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Traits: Ability to communicate with supervisor in order to prioritize workload and determine priorities. Subjected to changes in schedule.
Travel: Up to 10% of the time
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Assistant Product Manager – San Diego, CA.”