The FAE will have responsibility for resolving complex technical issues including participation in front-end portions of the customers design and/or application. Strong customer service ethic, organizational skills, time management, and ability to follow processes and procedures will enable success in these roles.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Deep technical knowledge of antenna systems design and RF radio system for WiFi and Cellular networks;
- Assist with understanding customer needs and developing demonstrations to assist the customer;
- Able to present complex concept with customers;
- Assist with implementation, testing and ongoing issue resolution for both internal and external customers;
- Interpret, communicate and manage customer requirements to internal staff to ensure timely and efficient resolution;
- Contribute to project effectiveness by identifying short- and long-term development and product issues, provide information and commentary pertinent to technical deliberations;
- Recommend options and course of action for any implementation directives;
- Assist internal personnel with procedures related to the implementation and optimization of the antennas;
- Provide customer project technical assistance, product education and training to customers;
- Partner with the design engineers on new designs to meet customer requirements;
- Support technical solutions to meet company’s business, technical and financial goals;
- Build and present comprehensive engineering reports in a clear and concise manner;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature and workshops;
- Integrity: Establish and maintain honest, effective relationships with employees at all levels in the organization and gain their trust and respect. Accessible, a good listener and put others at ease at all times. Develop a reputation for being dependable, sincere, and trustworthy. Adapt to change and shift gears comfortably.
- Innovation: Develop new ideas and suggest new visions for the company. Take a creative approach to implemented business policies. Have self-knowledge and confidence to communicate, listen and persuade colleagues to improve the company on all levels.
- Initiative: Work independently, work under pressure and meet deadlines. Prepare clear and concise reports without the need for constant management. Combine analysis, experience and judgment to make good decision in a timely manner. Tenacity to make important decisions with limited information and tight deadlines while learning to be flexible in other situations.
- Intelligence: Utilize relevant experience and resources to be very productive and efficient in planning and executing work. Orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Seek input and advice from colleagues in order to receive more successful results pertaining to reports and projects. Focus on the achievement of goals that produce results.
- Interaction: Recognize solutions for difficult or conflict situations—seeking feedback on how to resolve issues. Distinguish the need to change the personal and interpersonal behavior of colleagues in an efficient matter. Eagerness to be part of a team-unit and cooperate in the accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives.
- Three to five years experience with an antenna and/or wireless system design company focusing on customer solutions;
- Thorough working knowledge of system level antenna design
- Experience with direct customer interface regarding design and implementation of antennas;
- Knowledge of electromagnetics and wireless systems is a plus;
- Proven experience troubleshooting complicated issues and presenting solutions to resolve;
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking; ability to prioritize work
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent work experience; Master’s Degree preferred (MSEE)
Other languages helpful (Chinese, Spanish)
Equipment: PC, scanners, and common office machines; Antenna and wireless systems
Software Knowledge: Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint),
Physical Activities: On a continuous basis (up to 50% of the day), sit at desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Additionally, approximately 50% of the day, standing, bending over, kneeling may be required while conducting work related tasks. Some walking and lifting to 30 lbs. may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Traits: Ability to communicate with supervisor in order to prioritize workload and determine priorities. Subjected to changes in schedule.
Travel: Up to 50% of the time
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Field Application Engineer – San Diego, CA.”