This positionwill assist with all aspects of antenna design work related to external antenna products. They will be required to learn and know every step involved in the build process from conceptual design to final assembly and installation characteristics. This candidate will work closely with antenna engineers and customers to understand, design and test requirements and specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Preform preliminary and detailed level mechanical design and analysis on antenna components and sub-systems.
- Develop and design test plans for basic mechanical systems and conduct testing of products to verify compliance with design requirements.
- Draft production documents such SOP and Quality Docs
- Work closely with the Engineering team to identify and resolve issues related to detail part fabrication, test setup assembly and during testing.
- Apply design standards and procedures to implement basic designs.
- Preform comprehensive modelling and drafting.
- Transition products from product development to production.
- Thoroughly document work in an organized manner.
- Preform reviews of mechanical test and alignment data and resolve test anomaly issues.
- Work with other functional groups and departments as required in the design and test development lifecycle.
- Integrity: Establish and maintain honest, effective relationships with employees at all levels in the organization and gain their trust and respect. Accessible, a good listener and put others at ease at all times. Develop a reputation for being dependable, sincere, and trustworthy. Adapt to change and shift gears comfortably.
- Innovation: Develop new ideas and suggest new visions for the company. Take a creative approach to implemented business policies. Have self-knowledge and confidence to communicate, listen and persuade colleagues to improve the company on all levels.
- Initiative: Work independently, work under pressure and meet deadlines. Prepare clear and concise reports without the need for constant management. Combine analysis, experience and judgment to make good decision in a timely manner. Tenacity to make important decisions with limited information and tight deadlines while learning to be flexible in other situations.
- Intelligence: Utilize relevant experience and resources to be very productive and efficient in planning and executing work. Orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Seek input and advice from colleagues in order to receive more successful results pertaining to reports and projects. Focus on the achievement of goals that produce results.
- Interaction: Build morale and motivate the team with energy, encouragement and enthusiasm. Recognize solutions for difficult or conflict situations—seeking feedback on how to resolve issues. Distinguish the need to change the personal and interpersonal behavior of colleagues in an efficient matter. Eagerness to be part of a team-unit and cooperate in the accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives.
- 3 + years’ experience as a mechanical engineer, preferably in the wireless/telecom industry.
- Experience designing structural components for high volume production. Plastic injection molding experience a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- Strong manufacturing process knowledge.
- Ability to work comfortably in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Agile, self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively. Results driven and process oriented.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
Equipment: 3D-printers, ultrasonic welders, impact test equipment, drop test equipment, force gauges, calipers, micrometers.
Software Knowledge: AutoCAD, SolidWorks