This candidatewill play an essential role in the process of understanding our customer needs and translating them into system requirements. They will apply engineering principles, procedures and techniques to perform systems engineering assignments related to the development of antenna systems and subsystems. They will work closely with other engineering disciplines and departments to ensure cross functional communication and coordination. This candidate will provide technical guidance and leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Perform technical analysis for key components of wireless communications sub-systems as well as wireless performance predictions.
- Plan, develop and lead systems engineering projects and efforts.
- Translate customer requirements into system design.
- Identify system engineering process improvements and enforce the execution of them across the organization.
- Provide technical direction to team members and managers.
- Analyze system design problems and performs design studies.
- Responsible for optimal function integration of sub-systems into the whole product, guiding the integration plan.
- Generate and maintain system level specifications as well as test and validation plans.
- Develop test procedures to verify system performance.
- Integrity: Establish and maintain honest, effective relationships with employees at all levels in the organization and gain their trust and respect. Accessible, a good listener and put others at ease at all times. Develop a reputation for being dependable, sincere, and trustworthy. Adapt to change and shift gears comfortably.
- Innovation: Develop new ideas and suggest new visions for the company. Take a creative approach to implemented business policies. Have self-knowledge and confidence to communicate, listen and persuade colleagues to improve the company on all levels.
- Initiative: Work independently, work under pressure and meet deadlines. Prepare clear and concise reports without the need for constant management. Combine analysis, experience and judgment to make good decision in a timely manner. Tenacity to make important decisions with limited information and tight deadlines while learning to be flexible in other situations.
- Intelligence: Utilize relevant experience and resources to be very productive and efficient in planning and executing work. Orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Seek input and advice from colleagues in order to receive more successful results pertaining to reports and projects. Focus on the achievement of goals that produce results.
- Interaction: Build morale and motivate the team with energy, encouragement and enthusiasm. Recognize solutions for difficult or conflict situations—seeking feedback on how to resolve issues. Distinguish the need to change the personal and interpersonal behavior of colleagues in an efficient matter. Eagerness to be part of a team-unit and cooperate in the accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives.
- 10 + years’ experience, preferably in the wireless/telecom industry.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work comfortably in a cross-functional environment.
- Exercise independent judgment in selection methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Agile, self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively. Results driven and process oriented.
Master’s degree in Engineering or Physics; PhD preferred
Equipment: PC, circuit-board milling machine (LPKF), 3D printers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, vector network analyzers, emulators, spectrum analyzers, digital multimeters, power meters,
Software Knowledge: AutoCAD, Cadence, MATLAB, HFSS