The Senior Staff Accountant will work collaboratively with the accounting team and participate in the month-end close processes which will include financial reporting. The role will also be assisting in creating financial models and forecasts to include budgets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Participate in month-end closing activities which includes preparation of monthly general journal entries (accruals, allocations and adjustments) and work with other accountants to complete all assigned tasks within the required timeline;
- Reconciles and analyzes general ledger accounts;
- Prepares and complete monthly/quarterly financial reporting package.
- Manage and computes monthly sales commissions accrual as well as monthly/quarterly pay-out. Monitors new commissionable items and transactions for each of the sales reps;
- Prepare, update and maintain financial models/forecasts including annual budgets;
- Supports quarterly reviews and annual audit by providing information, answering questions and preparing required information for the external auditors;
- Ensures all SOX requirements are adhered to and acknowledged based on company process;
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature and workshops;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: 5 years of product management experience in the wireless/telecom industry.
- Education level: BS in Engineering or similar, MS degree preferred. MBA degree a plus.
- Knowledge of IoT, wireless connectivity, and/or embedded antenna systems.
- Ability to manage product lifecycle stages and processes.
- Ability to think strategically, while being analytical and detail-oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to focus on customer needs and achieve deliverables.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work comfortably in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to influence others and drive consensus amid conflicting priorities.
- Must be able to travel to trade shows and similar events, both domestically and internationally, as needed. Must have the ability to obtain and hold a valid passport. Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- Must be able to work in a seated or standing position, for periods up to 8.0 hours per day and potentially exceeding 8.0 hours per day where required.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit while traveling domestically and international via automobile, bus, train, airplane, or boat.
- Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard.
- Extended viewing of a computer screen.
- Must be able to work a normal M-F schedule on site.
- This position will be based either in Scottsdale, AZ with the potential for occasional work from home.