This position will own procurement and purchasing supplier relationships and supply assurance to keep the plant operating while managing day to day activities and resources for the AZ purchasing group.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Prepares and Leads price negotiations strategies /tactics; avoids and/or mitigates increases and monitors volumes and leverage points to proactively lower prices.
- Responsible to manage all strategic and tactical sourcing tasks, site purchasing and supplier meetings for all raw materials
- Leads internal teams to drive supply chain cost improvements and cost roadmaps enabling Airgain to provide competitive and aligned product pricing roadmaps to its customers.
- Evaluates potential and existing suppliers based on the required performance specifications, quality and cost.
- Partners with Business Management, Supplier Quality, Planning, Operations and our suppliers to improve quality, inventory management, and drive our supplier’s processes closer to world class performance levels.
- Leads negotiations and agreements on services, equipment and expansions with Operations, Quality and Engineering.
- Proactively assesses the risk of supply interruption situations, puts in place action and corrective measures.
- Manages emergency supply chain situations. Owns supplier problem solving, responsiveness, strategies to support production and negotiates returns.
- Owns, writes and maintains site Purchasing policies, procedures and changes to ensure accuracy.
- Participates in Supplier Quality Audits as needed to support Supplier Quality function.
- Maintain Service contracts and service vendors and leads contract renewal process.
- Owns Supplier Ratings and meets with suppliers to design plans to achieve 100%.
- Presents procurement updates at strategic business unit reviews and systems/metrics at customer audits.
- Manage overall 3rd Party relationships to ensure raw material supplier, product supply, increased process efficiencies and best practices.
- Leads supplier forecasting to drive production campaigns, on-hand inventory, safety stocks and consignment.
- Integrity: Establish and maintain honest, effective relationships with employees at all levels in the organization and gain their trust and respect. Accessible, a good listener and put others at ease at all times. Develop a reputation for being dependable, sincere, and trustworthy. Adapt to change and shift gears comfortably.
- Innovation: Develop new ideas and suggest new visions for the company. Take a creative approach to implemented business policies. Have self-knowledge and confidence to communicate, listen and persuade colleagues to improve the company on all levels.
- Initiative: Work independently, work under pressure and meet deadlines. Prepare clear and concise reports without the need for constant management. Combine analysis, experience and judgment to make good decision in a timely manner. Tenacity to make important decisions with limited information and tight deadlines while learning to be flexible in other situations.
- Intelligence: Utilize relevant experience and resources to be very productive and efficient in planning and executing work. Orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Seek input and advice from colleagues in order to receive more successful results pertaining to reports and projects. Focus on the achievement of goals that produce results.
- Interaction: Build morale and motivate the team with energy, encouragement and enthusiasm. Recognize solutions for difficult or conflict situations—seeking feedback on how to resolve issues. Distinguish the need to change the personal and interpersonal behavior of colleagues in an efficient matter. Eagerness to be part of a team-unit and cooperate in the accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives.
- Sourcing experience with domestic and international vendor sourcing, vendor certification, and terms & contract negotiation/administration (5+ years).
- Previous budget management experience (3-5 years).
- Working knowledge of Purchasing Law, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Strong negotiation abilities.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated/ability to develop competence in NETSUITE, software applications, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong experience in developing purchasing procedures, approaches, price negotiations and supplier relationships.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills and independent ability to solve problems.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set deadlines and work well with others required.
- Teamwork, integrity and accuracy of work required.
- Ability to travel to suppliers and other sites associated with Airgain processes.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or related field; Master’s degree preferred
Software Knowledge: Microsoft Office, NetSuite